View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 17, 2015, 7:10 PM
SD/OC

Quote:
Originally Posted by caligrad View Post
Exactly !

Its amazing how driving south down the 5, development literally drops off before 5 miles of hitting San Onofre power plant, literally just a wall where one side it suburbs and the next is just natural grass lands and coast line. Makes the drive to San Diego and back a little more bearable than if those 15-30 miles were fully developed. And totally thankful for camp Pendleton.

Sad thing is though that gap might get a little shorter in the very near future. Developers are already jumping on the idea that Since the power plant is going to be torn down soon, that the surrounding land needs to be developed asap. Sadly CA will almost certainly sell to the highest bidder. Talk about an interstate 5 that will most likely be gridlocked the entire way no.
There are also discussions of a massive airport on the south end of Camp Pendleton to replace SAN (SD Int'l). Would take many years, as would replacing San Onofre with housing. I-5 is already packed between SD and LA and needs to be widened. On that note, I don't think there are many metros that are connected with 2 8-lane freeways (I-5 and I-15).