View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 14, 2016, 4:15 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by caligrad View Post
I hope that happens, SD needs a new international airport, the current airport needs to be torn down and Downtown needs to expand on that land, maybe add some height.

Its amazing how the FAA and the Government allowed that airport to be so close to downtown SD. I was shocked one day to see an airplane literally cross the downtown towers with a little less than 200 feet of space between them. that's crazy and dangerous.

True. Hopefully something more than the proposed bullet train happens to link California's big three. (LA, SD and SF)
I don't think we'll see SAN closing for at least 50+ years. The city just poured billions of dollars into a complete rebuild of terminal 2. Terminal 1 is scheduled for complete rebuild also. Harbor Drive has seen significant work as well. The central rental car facility is now open along Pacific Highway on the north edge of the airport and significant investment is scheduled along the north side of the airport for connectivity to the Trolley.

Tijuana Intl Airport is now accessible from SD via the CBX bridge.

As for the bullet train, HSR, SD isn't even included in Phase I or II. There won't be any funding left for it by the time they want to bring it here. Also, the corridor that is approved is along the 15 freeway, not the 5. It would go north to Escondido into Riverside County then turn west into LA. It would costs 10s of billions, and save almost no time for one traveling to DTLA due to the increase in mileage.