View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 11, 2017, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by balletomane View Post
So I guess they're also going with that "slow and steady" approach, anticipating the CMA will continue growing at about 6,000 annually? I wonder why cities like Quebec and Winnipeg don't try to increase their growth rate, obviously its not as easy as it is written, and strength doesn't only come in numbers, but sometimes I wonder if a continuation of the status quo means their is a lack of vision in municipal politics. "Slow and steady" can be healthy, but if their is a lack of broader vision it can come also be a detriment to the city's growth.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Hamilton to Toronto as San Jose is to San Francisco or Fort Worth is to Dallas? How much does the primary city effect the growth of the secondary city in those two instances?
The Montréal-Quebec City corridor should have a population of at least 8.5M by 2046. I don't think we should worry about Quebec City. The A-20 and the A-40 are always loaded with traffic between the two cities. The high growth scenario projection for Quebec is 10.64M by 2046, so the corridor could even exceed 9M.

Last edited by GreaterMontréal; Apr 11, 2017 at 1:07 AM.