View Single Post
Old Posted May 10, 2012, 10:56 PM

The 1/3 is a best case scenario for 2013, BoiseAirport. It could be absorbed, but would be dependent upon which markets get additional seat capacity or whether there are new markets added to the nonstop service mix. I think much of what you have on your Wish List is possible over the next 18-months. But, the local economy has to keep doing its part and improving with bringing good paying jobs back to the market, reducing the unemployment rate below 7%. And, more locals who have been sitting tight and holding off on that vacation (by air) need to take it already. Trust me, I understand apprehension to spending on leisure travel but, when there is too much of it, combined with less business travel, the result is basically what we see as our reality today. Airlines aren't here to cater to us as individuals. So, less demand has yielded less capacity. Yes, ticket prices are higher, but that's not just because airlines want to charge us more. It truly is based almost entirely on the high price of fuel today and the volatility of it going forward. Still, I have traveled more this year than last through the first 4-months so, I'm doing my part. Are you (question to the valley's residents & visitors!)?