View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 17, 2010, 9:00 PM
Can I has a tunnel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by trofirhen View Post
Surely the Sea-to-Sky Highway ranks right up there, despite all the improvements. Or is it considered a "safe" road now, or NOT part of the Lower Mainland?
Nope, right now it's one of the best maintained and marked roads in the lower mainland. At least to Whistler anyways, the Whistler to Pemby section is pretty beat up, and the Duffy Lake Road has no lines for the most part and no reflectors. The redone section is well divided, has inset thermoplastic lines (rainline if you know them) and for really has no dangerous corners except for a stupid one they screwed the geometry on coming into Brittannia Beach.

Outstanding spots for me are the kink in Dewdney Trunk Road in Maple Ridge here. You don't see it coming then the road shifts one lane width. Almost put a 2 tonne truck into a pole on that little bit.

The section of 4th Ave. in Vancouver from Burrard to Balsam. There's too many traffic patterns. Busses/Parking Cars/Left Turns/Through Traffic/Ped Lights, it creates a lot of weaving. If there was no parking lane you'd have at least one lane of consistent movement down the centre, but as is it's one of the few places in the city where I get frusterated trying to keep track of the amount of vehicle movements around me.