View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 27, 2008, 7:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by econgrad View Post
I would own more property like a high-rise condo in Midtown or Downtown once they get something decent built. Everyone knows the fab 40s are just simply wonderful. There are many houses and neighborhoods around Land Park that are also top-notch.

My point is: Fab 40s, El Dorado Hills: SAME DAMN THING! Just the Fab 40's were built in the 40's and EDH is still being built. I am sure Wburg will chime in and say that EDH won't keep its value like the Fab 40's, but that is just completely false. Its single family homes, with pools, and neighbors etc. Its a suburb: Land Park, Fab 40s, Most of Midtown, East Sac, South Sac, Elk Grove, Natomas, Folsom, ETC ETC ETC.. All single family homes, suburban landscapes. I owned a house in a Cul-de-sac in South Sac (an older suburb) and laugh when people call it urban, Why? Cause there are more people with dark skin?? They are all the same, just built at different times, with the same type of people doing the same types of things. You can scream about race and be completely ignorant if you want, but my black ass loves EDH. Except when all the smoke rises up here and sits on top of us...
The problem is that EDH (as you call it) is about 30 miles from DT Sacramento...far from the core...that means most people there commute and contribute more to pollution and congestion than those living in Land Park, East Sac, Fab 40's, etc which are, at most 6 or 7 miles away from DT. There is a HUGE difference between EDH and DT/MT/Land Park, etc!!! The difference is that the lifestyle of those living in the city center is more alternative transit friendly and much more dense so they don't typically have to drive as far to get to the grocery store, restaurants, nightlife, etc. Those in EDH drive everywhere in their massive SUV tanks and pollute the air for those of us who are making smarter choices closer to the city center! (sweeping generalization, I know...but, mostly true!!). Anyway, big difference! But, then, I don't even know why I'm arguing this point with you because many of your thoughts and ideas are counter to the ideals that this forum represents like urban living and smart urban growth. EDH is NOT smart urban growth no matter how your twisted "I still don't believe in global warming!" mind sees it!! So, don't even try it!