View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 28, 2012, 4:59 AM

High gas prices thread

I checked and there doesn't seem to be a thread about the recent run up in gas prices (here in the US at least), which is kind of surprising. So might as well get a discussion going. I wonder if it's going to be sustained. I guess alot of that depends on the international situation with Iran, so hopefully nothing too crazy happens there. There is debate whether this will hurt the economic recovery, so I guess we'll start to see the effect or lack there of, pretty soon.

Generally speaking though, high gas prices are a boon to urban living, as we city dwellers are relatively insulated from the biggest hit to the wallet. I'm feeling quite smug about taking my public transportation or bicycling to work. Ok, sometime I'll ride my motorcycle, but 7 miles round trip is not exactly going to bankrupt me. How are other people feeling about what's going on?

Article, just to make it official:
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...8DREPW20120227

Philadelphia is not a city of palaces for the few, but a city of homes for the many.