View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 16, 2011, 2:10 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by q12 View Post
Why do you think that New Brunswickers should automatically and slavishly support Halifax Stanfield?

You have pointed out in the past that Halifax Stanfield contributes $1.2B to the Halifax economy, but how does this help the tax base in NB? It is in the economic best interests of our province to try and maximize our own tax base. This is how we get to pay for our basic services and improve our provincial well being!

Sorry q12, but Halifax Stanfield doesn't do too much for NB. It's close enough to Moncton that I fly out of Stanfield occasionally (if it makes sense), but if you are from Freddy or SJ, it makes more sense to drive to Bangor. The rates are better too!!!

And my choice of possible route selections was not "pie in the sky"

Moncton already has daily service to NYC and used to have seasonal service to Paris. Also, I flew West Jet to Calgary once from Moncton, the plane landed in Toronto en route, but I just stayed on the plane as the ultimate destination was Calgary. SJ used to have daily service to Boston and last year there was a charter route from Freddy to London. The examples I used were based on reality.

Halifax just has to learn to share the wealth!!