View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 16, 2011, 2:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
Sorry q12, but Halifax Stanfield doesn't do too much for NB. It's close enough to Moncton that I fly out of Stanfield occasionally (if it makes sense), but if you are from Freddy or SJ, it makes more sense to drive to Bangor. The rates are better too!!!
You do realize that by Stanfield being an Atlantic Canadian hub for Air Canada you could fly from Freddy, SJ, or Moncton into Halifax and then onto your destination.

I just looked on AC's website as an example it was cheaper in September to fly from NB cities through Stanfield to London on AC than it was for just Stanfield to London.

Also for the past 8 years if you have been heading to the States via Stanfield, you would have the added benefit of U.S. Customs pre-clearance without having to deal with Toronto.

Quote:
Moncton already has daily service to NYC and used to have seasonal service to Paris. Also, I flew West Jet to Calgary once from Moncton, the plane landed in Toronto en route, but I just stayed on the plane as the ultimate destination was Calgary. SJ used to have daily service to Boston and last year there was a charter route from Freddy to London. The examples I used were based on reality.)
"Used to" are the keywords. Other than the Moncton-New York Route those other routes failed... why? Because they couldn't make money, end of story.