View Single Post
Old Posted May 12, 2007, 7:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by condodweller View Post
I went to the public presentation that the developer held at St. Mary's, and looked closely at the model -- it's definitely going to be a shoehorn fit, and quite awkward with respect to the Sequoia tower. I can't figure out how to save the picture, but look up 1333 Gough on Mapquest or Google maps, and click the satellite/aerial view -- you can see how little space there is between the Sequoias and Cathedral Hill Plaza (basically, the tennis courts). The tower will not be all that close to he sidewalk, as they plan low-rise retail on Geary, and roof gardens above that.
Here you go - from Google Earth:

If I am not mistaken, the existing swimming pool is under the dark gray roof near the center of this image. North is pointing upwards. Geary is the large street running left-right near the bottom. The Sequoias Tower is at the middle-left. Cathedral Hill Plaza is at the middle-right. The large entrance plaza to the St. Mary's Cathedral is at the bottom.

How long ago was the public presentation? Hopefully the renderings show a newer scheme. Various reviews by the public and the city could push the tower location further south. Do you recall any comments from anyone from the Sequoias at the public presentation?