View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 14, 2010, 4:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Dirt View Post
Hi everyone--

I'm new to the area and will be settling in over the next few weeks. I was curious to know if anyone had any thoughts on the future of Perkins Rowe, which I was not aware of until this most recent visit. But I hear, not surprisingly, that due to the facility's opening during a particularly bad market cycle, it hasn't stood a chance of achieving even 75% occupancy. Future phases have been called off, even the apartments aren't leasing that well (serious issues of poor construction quality), and the entire development might be going into receivership. This is all just what I've heard through the grapevine. Is any of it true? Does anyone have evidence to substantiate this?

Thanks for any help you might be able to offer. You're likely to see me creeping up here and on the New Orleans forum in the future.
Everything you said about Perkins Rowe is true, but that is because it was a terribly conceived idea. If you are interested in reading more on Baton Rouge development, we baton rougians don't use this site often, but use urban planet instead, where there are new posts added daily.

here is a link http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/in...1-baton-rouge/