Thread: 100 Strangers
View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 24, 2011, 5:40 PM
3rd Coast King

Lizzy - 11/100: 100 strangers

Lizzy - 11/100: 100 Strangers by DiskoJoe, on Flickr

This is stranger 11/100 - Lizzy

After meeting stranger 10 Joe my friends and i continued to roam around Montrose taking some pictures. We wandered into the neighborhood behind the commercial front on Westhemier and I was surprised by how quiet it was back there. It was really peaceful.

Eventually we headed back to Catbird's to go get another beer and we had parked there. When I walked up I saw Lizzy sitting out front having a glass of red wine. So I walked up to her and asked if I could take her picture she said yes. While I was taking the first couple pictures she asked if they were for anything or if she should pose. My friend James just told her to relax and that most of the time I produced pleasing results. Then I told her about the project and some of the ideals behind it. She thought it was pretty cool.

I asked her what brought her to catbirds. She said she was a waitress there and had stopped by on her day off to come have a drink. Then she asked if she could see the pictures I had been out taking that day. I happily agreed and showed her how to work the dial to flip through the images. I have no idea what she thought of my work but she didnt seem discouraged like it was horrible and I was going to take a bad picture of her. I showed her the 100 stranger set on Flickr too. I did see her eyes light up just a bit when she saw the finished product as opposed to the raw file.

After that we ordered another beer and I started to review some of the pictures. I wasn't happy with the first two I got of her and asked if she minded posing in a different spot with some better light. She agreed which is how I got this shot here. She said she liked this one better and liked the bokeh from the passing cars.

Picture taken with my Sony Alpha 200 and Minolta 50mm f1.7. Post processing done with Photoshop CS4 and Neat Image.

This picture is #11 in my 100 strangers project. Find out more about the project and see pictures taken by other photographers at the 100 Strangers Flickr Group page

My 100 Strangers Set

Lizzy: Stranger 11 alternate shot first take by DiskoJoe, on Flickr

Lizzy: Stranger 11 alternate shot second take by DiskoJoe, on Flickr

Lizzy: Stranger 11 alternate shot third take by DiskoJoe, on Flickr

My Book