View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 20, 2017, 2:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prelude91 View Post
Your lack of how enterprise technology companies are run is glaring (Ad Sales?! come on...). I'll give you examples of 3 companies i'm intimately familiar with:
The fact is that almost every major U.S. tech company is HQ in sprawl. I don't need to be an "enterprise technology" expert to understand this. Apple has 25,000 employees in Cupertino. This is for a company that only has 60,000 U.S. employees, half of them working in retail outlets. And they plan on doubling their HQ size, which is insane headcount.

And if you don't think tech firms can have heavy ad sales contingents, then I don't know what to say. Advertising comprises nearly 100% of profits for a Google and that's basically their entire reason for existing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by prelude91 View Post
These are just 3 examples; it's 2017 many people don't need to be geographically located in a specific office, even those leading multi billion dollar companies.
This is all absurdity. If Apple were moving HQ to downtown Chicago tomorrow, no way are you posting that it's irrelevant, and what about decisionmaker Bob Smith in Singapore, and that only enterprise tech experts are allowed to have any insight on company relocation.

This entire thread, like a million previous SSP threads, was mostly bragging about where various companies are HQ, and as soon as it was mentioned that these companies are almost all HQ in sprawl, suddenly it's irrelevant.