View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 28, 2015, 5:36 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyscrapersOfNewYork View Post
Im sorry i have to disagree with you, i know we love skyscrapers on this site but that doesnt mean that there always a good idea, especially in such a historic neighborhood with a unique urban fabric such as Brooklyn Heights. This was Americas first suburb and while im not anti development to improve the neighborhood i am against the height in this case. Its completely out of context and doesnt relate well to the fabric that the Brownstones create.
Out of context? We're not talking about towers placed in the center of a Brownstone neighborhood. That's clearly not what this is. It's on the waterfront. In that first rendering, you can see the towers of Downtown Brooklyn. These towers will no more destroy the neighborhood than those Downtown towers equally (if not more) imosing, and bordering on the neighborhood as well.

Quote:
Lets remember that just because you can build tall doesnt mean you always should.
It's all about the economics. If it made more sense for them to build smaller, economically, then I'm sure they would go with that option. That's something these NIMBYs rarely grab. It's not always about the height.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Last edited by SkyscrapersOfNewYork; Jul 28, 2015 at 5:52 PM.