View Single Post
Old Posted May 20, 2009, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmagazine View Post
Found this:
Really - who the heck came up with the name "Trinity Landing"? It should have been called "The Press Plant" and all sorts of original features should've been maintained.
Maybe "Trinity Landing" was a religious thing -- as in, it'll be finished when the father, son and holy ghost appear. Possibly a hint of the geographic origins of the numbered corporation (if it's Trinity Road) or the number of equity partners. Or maybe an unimaginative reference to the fact that the stairwell in a four-storey building (pre-cheese-wedge roof addition) might have three landings.

I'm surprised there was much left behind when the Spec moved its operation to Frid -- figured they probably would've sold any equipment they didn't plan on moving, or shifted it to another Southam holding. I was figured that all there was to stay true to was the faded mural on the western facade. Still they could've had some old-timey fun the name. Given the limited t use of the mid-70s era, Duotone might've been good, sounds kind of new-retro (Halftone is probably more accurate but has a negative connotation). Litho would be more mid-century modern. Intaglio if you wanted something really old school-sounding.

(Spec-related... I thought this was funny.)

RIP Lyric. They're not even making a supersized CityPlaces, by the looks of it.