View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 18, 2011, 5:17 AM

I'm curious to see what kind of response the 'Caps get March 2012. It'll be interesting to see for sure, but we better not finish LAST after Montreal. Man, that would be embarassing, considering that they'll be the expansion club in 2012. I also hear that the league is looking to add one more team to make things even (an eastern team) - I'm thinking that NYC gets a second team after the Red Bulls (the Cosmos, perhaps?). Having a second team in NY is better than putting a team in Miami, or Atlanta (not sure if teams in those cities would do well, to be honest).

I'm also curious to see what kind of player acquisition(s) that the club has in mind. Surely, a team that finishes last needs to shake up their roster (not entirely - there are some core players to retain - Hassli, Tan, Chiumiento, Salgado, Duckett, Boxall, Brovsky, Nanchoff, Davies, Mitchell, Salinas, Sylvestre, Harvey, Tiebert, Harris, Rochat, DeMerit and Camilo). Everyone else has either got to go, or new additions (transfers, or through trades, etc), but the team cannot come back with the same roster, or else it's another LONG LONG season, and Barber and Co., will be crucified for not improving the roster.

IF they can win their last home game at BC Place, then it will at least allow positivity to build on for next season. I'm a fan of the 'Caps, but I'm also hoping that they have better results next year so that there is at least one other team to cheer (besides the Lions and Canucks). Thoughts on the upcoming off season?

I'm curious too, are they gonna increase the amount of games in MLS? Or are they going to stick with the 34 game schedule?