View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 18, 2011, 5:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlousa View Post
Not sure Salgado leaving would be bad for the team, I was pretty big on him but by the sounds of it his attitude is not there and he has a lot of growing up still to do. Quite a shame but it might be best for the team to go separate ways.
I think Cannon probably won't be back next year which is a shame, he's still better then Nolly and much more appreciated by the fans.
Think they need to spend some money on D and Midfield, might not be exciting but we need more wins next year.
Shouldn't the 'Caps have known that maybe Salgado had attitude issues? This is a part of scouting, interviews, etc, no? IF Salgado does leave, that leaves Vancouver without a world-class potential young player (which they may have had with Omar). I think 'Caps management needs to share some of the blame too, in rushing the kid, wanting him to be a part of the 1st team before his 18th birthday.

On a side note, how does MLS as a league continue to grow, if all they do is lose young, promising players to Europe? And old, pass their prime players from Europe come over to MLS to play and earn considerable large sums of money (maybe not as much as Europe, but pretty significant numbers still). The only reason Salgado comes back to MLS, or any other "promising" young player is IF they can't crack, or aren't good enough to play in Europe. I don't know how MLS can grow if the league constantly and continues to lose it's best, promising, young players to European clubs. There has to be a way where the league can compete, no?

The 'Caps, it seems have made a bad decision on Omar. Their first ever draft pick. At this rate, they will be the Grizzlies of MLS. Fantastic. All we need is another Vancouver team with a FO (Front Office) who cannot draft, and has made some piss poor decisions this year. I'm not convinced that Soehn is the right man for his position within the organization. And I'm not convinced that Lenarduzzi or Barber are the men for the job in leading this organization to success, on international level, but also in MLS.

Martin Rennie has his hands full when he comes in. Surely he lasts the entire season next year? There's a lot more questions than answers. I'd like to see Rennie sit down with Omar and convince him to work hard, and be a part of the process of becoming an impact player in the league. I'd be sad to see Salgado go, as he is a promising player that the 'Caps can build around. Hassli isn't exactly a young man, and there's rumors that Camilo may be on his way out to Japan. Better get used to losing your promising young, good players Vancouver, cause maybe it all begins with Salgado, then Camilo, etc.

This organization seems to have similar trends that remind me of TFC. I pray I'm wrong.