View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 28, 2018, 2:55 PM

The word I've heard from Ford employee's is that they couldn't see how the company could afford to build a new huge suburban tech center and at the same time come into Corktown in a big way while at the same time "overall" sales are stagnant. Seems we now have some answers. Right now at the same time the Ranger mid-sized pickup is being brought back the focus, fiesta & taurus are to be phased out in the US market by 2019 where car sales are down sharply and truck sales are up sharply.

Can't say I feel comfortable about the move but if the models are in production in other markets it wouldn't be hard to reintroduce in the event of an oil shock. The whole plan has a vaguely familiar ring to it though like what Ford tried and failed to do in the late 90's however the seeming difference being the fusion which is the star of Ford's sedan fleet doesn't appear to be going anywhere, where as the company had already ruined the taurus by the late 90's.

*Btw I'm really hyped to see plans for the Park Ave Building.

Quote:
The Downtown Synagogue is getting a new mural

By Robin Runyan
Curbed Detroit
Apr 27, 2018

It’s mural season in Detroit. The triangular and colorful Isaac Agree Downtown Synagogue will see a new mural on its bare west-facing side. Artist Bunnie Reiss is starting the jewel-toned mural today.

Executive Director Arlene Frank tells Curbed that along with the building improvements that came about last fall, this adds another exciting building project to the Downtown Synagogue. “Creativity is the hallmark of this project, as, beginning today, a mural is being painted on the back wall of our historic building, adding to the many striking murals that now grace Detroit,” says Frank. “We have engaged Bunnie Reiss, a nationally renowned mural artist, who travels extensively creating vibrant murals that connect with people and bring art into communities.”
https://detroit.curbed.com/2018/4/27...ogue-new-mural

Says the pot to the kettle in a moment of self projection