View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 13, 2018, 1:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SignalHillHiker View Post
Not all or always, of course, but sure. Brightly-coloured Hunter rubbers are actually popular with urban women here also. They basically occupy the niches that Uggs, knee-high leather boots, and winter boots do on the mainland. So they're VERY common, year-round.

That's hilarious. Urban women with rubber boots in the city...

FWIW, I had rubber boots on all day yesterday, working in a cooling tower basin that had about a foot left of water at the bottom that we couldn't manage to pump out. I sometimes have them when going to my land depending on what I intend to do over there (if it doesn't involve the beaver ponds, usually I don't bother and stick with my usual running shoes). The thought of putting rubber boots on on a morning when I'm in the city and knowing I'll be in the city all day, is incredibly alien. Though, the part of me that refuses to admit it could be just for show kinda likes the idea of cute St. John's women in rubber boots and plaid...

(edit - learning such strange things about other places from locals of these places is one of the things I love about SSP)