View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 22, 2017, 4:18 AM
hähnchenbrüstfiletstüc

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
They tore it down for the new Nova Centre (Halifax convention centre & hotel). I haven't been to the new (relocated) Midtown though. Is it still good???
I haven't been to either incarnation of the Midtown. The old one had been there since 1949. It's now one of many restaurants in that area that cater to the late night crowd.

There are a lot of restaurants I'm a bit nostalgic about from when I was a kid but I'm not sure they'd hold up today, or if the ones that are still around are as good as they were. Another example is the Bluenose II restaurant on Hollis Street. It has apparently undergone gentrification; no more backlit white plastic sign:

http://www.teenaintoronto.com/2016/0...alifax-ns.html

Other similar places were Athens and Sparta on Quinpool Road, King of Donair (various locations), and Chickenburger out in Bedford. A lot of the greasy spoon restaurants in Halifax are either Greek or Lebanese.

Willman's Fish and Chips in the Hydrostone area has been there since 1946, but it's another local institution I've never visited. John's Lunch is supposed to be good too. Maybe next trip.