View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 14, 2017, 12:40 AM

Can't catch them all but here are a couple of the more interesting proposals released in the last couple of weeks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feathered Friend View Post
Here's Bing Thom's newest vision for the West End. It's a pure luxury building being developed by Westbank. Unlike the two towers this project is replacing, there will be multiple units per floor. As shown, the upper floors will have two 3-bedroom units per floor. The lower units will have two 3-bedrooms as well as a 1 bedroom unit that, unlike the family units, will have no balcony.

This one is replacing a KPF design:

Quote:
Originally Posted by christmas View Post
Don't think anyone posted these yet:

1133 Melville

Image courtesy of Feathered Friend
http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/show...=218143&page=8

This one has a less dramatic design but will be integrated into the stadium so that adds a bit of complexity and interest:

Quote:

This was on display at the North East False Creek Block Party. According to the representative I spoke with, a formal application has been made with the city and should be posted soon. Hopefully I'm correct in my thinking that this qualifies for it's own thread.

As shown, the units all face North/South, meaning that the stadium side of the building will be a blank concrete wall. Happily however, it is planned that there will be a light feature designed to sync up with the lights of the stadium. This project, along with the other proposed NEFC projects, head to UDP on June 13th.
And these are a couple Robert Stern designed buildings which would blend in to some cities but really stand out in Vancouver:

Quote: