View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 10, 2012, 4:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony View Post
bwahaha.. I'm sorry, this was just too funny. You knew it wasn't on YOUR land and was on THEIR land, why would you expect them to care enough to figure out if it was yours (as opposed to belonged to the previous land owner) and ask you to remove your stuff from THEIR land? You knew they were developing the lands, why would you not remove it yourself when you had the chance? I don't even need to go into the illegalities of placing something on someone else's land without permission. Ridiculous.
I didn't put it there, the previous owners did. I've only been living here a little over a month. There are many others down the row who all did the similar things.

Quote:
You have no one to blame but yourselves and perhaps your real estate agent. You are responsible to researching the area where YOU are purchasing in.
I am more disappointed in the sellers agent rather than ours. The sellers knew there was going to be development as everyone in the neighborhood was notified as I found out from my neighbor after moving here (perhaps thats why they were selling) but they still said they were unaware of any future development in the area. I'm not sure if thats the fault of our agent as its the sellers agent who assists them in filling it out. I did do my own research however didn't realize it would be starting so quickly. i guess they are trying to beat all the government job lay offs perhaps.

Quote:
Instead of whining and having fears about it now, you should try to figure out what is going to be built behind you (I'll bet it's a bunch of detached houses like yours). It's not like you have any say in what has apparently already been approved (with public consultation at the time of application) at this point. Go talk to the City Planning Department and ask to see the Plan of Subdivision for that area.

The only thing you can do now is as mentioned by Jeremy.
I knew there was going to be building going on there at some point but from what i read it didn't seem like it would happen until 2014. like i said i just wanted one summer, just one but no. I know there will be detached homes behind us, I just don't know how far apart they will be from us, what kind of sun we will still get and how big these homes will actually be. we are in a townhouse so i doubt it will be similar to ours.