View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 9, 2008, 5:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denver Bear View Post
The federal DOMA. I am a gay man and my partner is Canadian. He can not immigrate here through marriage, for now. I know gay marriage was not legal before, but limiting who I can or can not marry in federal law does affect my free will. We have also tried every other route to keep him here, spending more than I care to mention on lawyers. So I have to leave the country I love to be with the person I love. Is THAT specific enough for you?

Bush said he is protecting the "sacrament" of marriage, and said we are all "sinners". Those words alone say this was a christian based decion. But the right never made statements against Las Vegas (sin city) weddings or the game show "Who wants to marry a millionaire". Not to mention the private meetings with Falwell and Robertson, who were so vocal about this subject.

You don't know me, so don't judge me. So please keep your comments about how you "think" I have been poisoned to yourself. I have not been in doctrined, and can think freely for myself. I can imagine from your post which camp you are in and we are most likely at opposite ends of the spectrum there, and would like to keep things civil here.
Then there was Ref. I last year, that would have legalized domestic partnerships in Colorado. The religious right voted against it heavily, so it didn't win. Evangelical preachers across the state told their people to vote against it before we "destroyed their families".