View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 6, 2009, 11:46 PM

Deer Valley, Utah - The other Aspen

Deer Valley is constantly being rated the #1 resort in North America by SKI Magazine, and once you're there yourself, it's easy to see why. They have awesome food, nice lodges, friendly staff (who all get to wear cool jackets), as well as, of course, the kleenex boxes at every lift. Plus, the huge homes alongside the runs really give you something to gawk at, if you're not already admiring the beautiful snowy white mountains all around you. And the best thing about it? NO SNOWBOARDERS ALLOWED! It really was a great place, someplace I'm sure to return to. (despite the prices. It was worth it)

So here are my pictures.

We begin with the view coming down Homeward Bound, looking east towards Colorado. No picture does this justice, but it gives you an idea.

Now for some shots of one of DV's three "villages." This is the mid-mountain one.

One of their massive lodges.

ALthough it dosn't look like much from the outside, this is Utah's highest rated hotel...

...but not for long. THIS one is of the St Regis, which as you can see, is still being constructed.

Gotta love those mountains.

Now, yet another super fancy resort going up at DV's third, mountain top, village. The Montage.

The Empire Lodge

And now for some trailside homes.....

Now over to Deer Crest, on the far north part of the resort, where we take the gondola down. Just for the heck of it.

Deer Crest is DV's most exclusive community... so far.

The SKI Dream Home

On the way back down to the main lodge, there was this sign:

Thanks guys. This was my first photo thread. I hope you enjoyed it!