View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 17, 2013, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago103 View Post
Glad you had a good time on your first visit to NYC. You said you had been to Los Angeles before and found it quite different, not surprising but I am also wondering have you ever been to Chicago and how from your perspective is it similar or different from what you experienced in NYC? I guess what I am trying to get at is Chicago seen as less intimidating to a typical southerner than NYC or are both cities so different from the sunbelt that both are seen as super urban and different?
Like mostly here, I love super urban cities. I visited both Chicago and New York City. Fell in love with the two. Maybe the cities (including Paris ) where I had the best time.
Chicago is quite impressive and very diversified. Less disproportionated and irrational than NYC. I'm French and I definitely found that Chicago breathes American culture more than NYC (due to the number of tourists whitout a doubt).
High skyscrapers are present in both cities giving you the same "canyon" feeling by walking in the streets.
What I've felt (as a foreigner): Chicago has not the crazy mood which represents NYC. Architecture is as diversified and awesome in Chicago as in NYC. Chicago river is better integrated in the city. There is no big landmarks worldwide known in Chicago (except Millemium, Sears and Hancock and Magnificient) compared to NYC has (Liberty, Times Square, Central Park): I think that's the biggest difference between the 2 cities.
In the matter of sports teams... I prefer let you make your own opinion
In conclusion, I think there is a gap between the sizes of the cities and landmarks worldwide known. But you can find the same atmosphere in the streets and such a beautiful architectural diversity.
Chicago is a must see as well