View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 28, 2012, 1:26 PM
Honored Member

The municipal elections are quickly approaching (October 2012).

Here is some news about District 8, Peninsula-North-Ward. (Source: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-s...-face-off.html)

My perception of Councillor Sloane has changed during the past couple of years. At one time I thought that she was anti-development. But Councillor Sloane has been a proponent of the Nova Centre and HRM Stadium. Both Councillors really care about the city. Personally, if I lived in north Halifax, I would vote for Councillor Sloane but I would feel bad to see Councillor Watts lose. I had the opportunity to meet both Councillors in person on January 19 2010 and I left my toyish looking stadium model with Councillor Sloane - http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/show...&postcount=657 (PS: if it is still at City Hall then it is ok to dispose of it). Councillor Hendsbee and Councillor Fisher were two others big proponents of an HRM stadium and both seem to be pro-development (in my opinion).

Quote:
Veteran councillors duel for District 8
CBC News
Posted: Jul 23, 2012 8:49 PM AT
Last Updated: Jul 24, 2012 3:37 PM AT

The number of councillors in Halifax will decrease from 23 to 16 in October, forcing two incumbent councillors to face off in District 8. (CBC)

Two incumbent Halifax councillors who often see eye to eye are going head to head for the same seat in the upcoming municipal election.

Under the new municipal boundaries the number of councillors will be cut from 23 to 16 and the boundaries have changed.

Coun. Dawn Sloane has won in the downtown district three times, but now District 12 will essentially be split in two.

She's now running in the newly formed Peninsula-North-Ward against another incumbent Connaught-Quinpool Coun. Jennifer Watts.

Last edited by fenwick16; Jul 28, 2012 at 1:41 PM.