View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 18, 2017, 8:47 PM

I sure hope that this project will break ground, and I'm fairly confident that it will based off of the article.

This is a truly transformative proposal that will accelerate the pace of development in the center of North Philly. That area, with its transit-accessibility and collection of beautiful three-story rowhomes should have never fallen into disarray in the first place. Sure, the shuttering of the factories that lined the Northeast Corridor along Glenwood Avenue did contribute to the eventual decline of that area, but it had many assets. This project will bring vitality back to an area, which, IMO, is prime for development.

I have long been advocating for a Temple University-based innovation corridor along North Broad Street, but I have previously thought of it extending from Girard to Susquehanna. This project could be the catalyst of realizing an innovation corridor between Girard and Erie, which would connect our Main and Health Sciences campuses together.

Great news, and I hope it actually breaks ground! I've been rooting for North Philly for quite a while, even in the face of doubt from its detractors.

Temple University '18 ']['