View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 23, 2011, 6:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaguffin View Post
While I don't necessarily object to a 4 story apt building in the Strip, given the landscape there, it still would be nice for some a little large to go up. A coouple urban looking, Strip District appropriate 8-12 story buildings, maybe one or two a little larger, but in any case, it would be nice to have an appropriate "critical mass" of apartments in the strip...
I'd bet the people that already live in the Strip probably enjoy their views as they are. I know from our office at 24th and Smallman I can see downtown pretty nicely from one corner of the second floor. And if you go to the top of the 3 or 4 story parking garage across the street the views are completely unobstructed. Obviously I haven't been up there but I'm sure the view from the top of the Lofts is that much better. Putting up a development that messes with that could have some push back. (Though really there isn't much they could do besides bitch... and there aren't that many people living there now so I doubt you would hear much from them.)

My point is, there really isn't anything in the strip that is very tall, currently, so I wonder what the reaction to a more urban style proposal would be.