View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 2, 2007, 5:54 PM
Kid Dynamic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris2k7 View Post
Good link Frinkprof. The abandoned towns in the Drumheller Valley and the Crowsnest pass sound particulary interesting to me, especially considering they are areas which recieve a relatively considerable amount of traffic.
Boris beat me to it through Frinkprofs link, but I was going to suggest the Crowsnest Pass. I have had a vacation house there for the past 5 years and have explored the back country extensively there. There are many abandoned mines and small towns.

Most of the mine entrances have been shut with concrete and steel but I have been able to get into a couple of them, not too far however as I my mind always fears a collapse or I begin to get creeped out. I'm sure they are not safe places to be exploring.

There are a couple of abandoned towns there as well. Not far out of Bellevue there is an abandoned town called Lille (too lazy to make sure spelling is correct), lots of old foundations etc. Once it was a pretty bustling little town but now it's a peaceful place to enjoy the surroundings. Many of the structures/homes were moved to Bellevue and other places in the Pass when the town was abandoned and still exist today. My dad is living in one of these homes in Bellevue, albeit renovated several times since its days in Lille.