View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 7, 2024, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azsunsurfer View Post
Idk if anyone has noticed but Sycamore Station looks like it was stalled...no progress seen now for a few weeks other than the first floor columns that were poured. The development around the corner on Dobson is progressing but it's wood framed.

The second site for Chicanos on Main has been cleared...looks like they took down that "historical" motel. Does anyone have any renderings of this one? The second site on Main and Country Club is moving pretty quickly.
Not sure what the hold up is at Sycamore, but I noticed that they seemed to have stalled as well. Also not sure about the other Chicanos project you mentioned.

I did however in looking at the development map notice a project of which I was not aware on the SEC of Main/Country Club. It's proposed to abandon the Morris St. ROW:

Quote:
The proposed development includes two separate mixed-use apartment buildings with an open pedestrian plaza between them. The buildings and pedestrian plaza area will be constructed within the current Morris street right-of-way. The abandonment of the Morris ROW is part of a development agreement between the City of Mesa and the property developers. Building 1 is located at the west of the property between Country Club and Morris and fronts on Main Street. It will have one level of concrete podium construction housing retail, tenant amenity space and structured parking. Building 1 will also have 5 levels of residential apartment units above the ground level podium with 157 units. Building 2 is located at the east of the property between Morris and the neighboring auto shop and fronts on Main Street. It will have three levels of concrete podium construction housing retail, tenant amenity space and structured parking. Building 2 will also have 5 levels of residential apartment units above the podium with 266 units. The total development will include approximately 423 apartment units, 262 parking stalls and 6,900 sf of retail. The upper levels of building 2 include proposed ROW encroachments on two sides of the building fronting Morris and Mahoney Ave.