View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 10, 2010, 10:31 PM
JoeCooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadate View Post
Great post CHAPINM1! The lighting definitely adds a lot to the Tower and the city's skyline, it was a bold move and I really respect it. But yeah, I can't wait for them to fix the problem with that one row. As far as lighting the spire goes..I'm not to sure about that..I don't know if it would be appropriate on that type of spire. If anything, I think that if they had some sort of spotlights on the roof that were positioned on the spire it might work out. Not sure if you can understand the picture I'm trying to paint..I think I explained it in a weird way...
Thanks for the kind words! I know what your getting at though, it would look kind of weird if the spire itself were lit, however if there were spotlights shining up directly toward the spire or more specifically, if there was a singls spotlight at the bottom of the spire facing up lighting up the spire, I think lighting the spire in that regard would look the best as well. Anyway, once they finish working the bugs out of the lighting scheme, and odds are this will be the entire contribution of the lighting scheme that we will see from this building, I will be satisfied.

At night if one is coming in from JFK on the air tram they will be able to say, hey there's the Empire State Building, hey there's another building which must be brand new I don't yet know the name of (BOA), and there's the Chrysler!

Last edited by CHAPINM1; Jan 10, 2010 at 10:41 PM.