View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 20, 2012, 8:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakamesalad View Post
So building soulless corporate junk is ok if its new construction? Got it.
Where exactly did I say that?

I wouldn't mind this building too much if it were replacing a parking lot (it's still pretty boring regardless), but I definitely would prefer the old building stays instead of this thing getting built. Or at least they should preserve the old facade as part of the new design.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakamesalad View Post
I don't remember ever reading about any of the proposed MB projects being referred to as a "turd," but I could be wrong. And from gleaning the MB thread the general attitude seems to be pretty receptive.
What should that thread be like? There actually is a good amount of criticism in that thread, but the project is underway, so we might as well be optimistic about new development. Yeah, most of the architecture in Mission Bay leaves a lot to be desired, and many people who are excited about Mission Bay do in fact realize that...but remember that 90% of that neighborhood is going up where there used to be an old train yard, empty lots, and abandoned warehouses...so with that in mind, it's a vast improvement in many ways, despite the large number of boring buildings going up. Should we instead be complaining, and wishing the area was still full of abandoned lots, warehouses, and piles of dumped junk? Sure, it could have been planned better, but it could have remained much worse. What we're getting is still pretty decent, especially considering what the neighborhood used to be like.