View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 31, 2015, 6:01 AM
Shoebox Dweller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozonemania View Post
The latest is out! Do you agree?

Voted Best Chinese Restaurants in Vancouver, 2015:

http://www.vancitybuzz.com/2015/03/b...nts-vancouver/

Unfortunately for me, many of these raise an eyebrow for me... not really what I'd considered the best for the ones on the list I've tried. But I will be for sure trying out some of them!

Honestly though, lists like this are better than none at all. I've often thought that culinary talk in this city is way too Western-centric. "Ethnic restaurants" of all types are very under-represented and often misunderstood.
I've tried a few of those on the list, and eat primarily Asian food while dining out. My comments:
  • Dinesty has gone downhill in the past year or so
  • I tried Dinesty tea smoked duck about a week ago and it was a terrible deep fried atrocity. I've made tea smoked duck before and it was 10x better.
  • H.K. BBQ Master is seriously amazing
  • Cattle Cafe is far better than Deer Garden
  • Peaceful is good, but there are comparable ones available, particularly in Collingwood, with lower prices and a shorter wait
  • Best "3-cup chicken" is at the Taiwanese stall in Parker Place in Richmond. Pearl Castle makes sauce that is too sweet and artificial tasting.
  • Add on best Chinese Breakfast as the place in the corner at the food court above T&T across the street from Aberdeen. Super legit $6 breakfast.