View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 10, 2012, 1:45 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCs77 View Post
It would be the fourth, I think, Observation deck in NYC (after ESB, WTC and Rockefeller Center, or am I missing another?, Ah, and you may also have to add the observation wheel, if it is finally build) So, it has to have some special feature to attract patrons, something the other observation decks don't have, and that would be precisely that protruding platform. It could even have some part of its floor made of glass, like the Grand Canyon Skywalk. That would be something really unique.
It really does need something to draw people over to the west side that otherwise wouldn't. But similarly to the way different observation decks in different parts of Manhattan draw people, I think it would be enough appeal there to have long lines as well, hopefully not as long as the ESB though, and assuming it's generally open to the public and not just "event space". I don't think it would erode demand from the other decks, it would just add to it.

The Sears (Willis) Tower in Chicago now has a somewhat similar feature...

tharpo

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.