View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 25, 2011, 5:46 PM
Awesome!

Heard on TVA, that the Rapibus segment east of Labrosse Blvd will be delayed by one year at least. Apparently land decontamination costs jumped from 4 to 20 million. Hopefully, the provincial government will find the funding before the next election. That segment from Labrosse to Lorrain is needed too. Hopefully this is not going to be left out for good or not be built until 2075. But this is the latest of a disturbing trend in Gatineau, big projects continuously being delayed. Highways 5 and 50 extensions had delays, the sports complex as well as the ice surface planned for Nicolas-Gatineau High School had delays, the Bob and of course the Rapibus had its fair share of delays. Ever since the current mayor is in office, there has being nothing but delays

However, Things have been moving along well for the portion between Hwy 50 and Montee Paiement. They have re-installed the rail lines apparently beside Maloney.

I had heard stuff regarding Alstom. Last thing I've heard they were planning to shut down the Hull plant, maybe re-launching something else there, but I haven't heard anything for awhile.
"However, the Leafs have not won the Cup since 1967, giving them the longest-active Cup drought in the NHL, and thus are the only Original Six team that has not won the Cup since the 1967 NHL expansion." Favorite phrase on the Toronto Maple Leafs Wikipedia page.