View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 28, 2012, 2:54 PM
BANNED

Did they decide not to build the parking lump at the base of this? I know we've heard nothing to indicate otherwise, but there are no tie-ins that I can see on the tower that would link it to the podium. Additionally the garage portion of the tower seems larger than I would have expected given the massive garage shown in renderings.

Could it be that they stuffed all the parking into the tower and are planning on making a smaller, more manageable, podium? The columns they are pouring for the base don't look very beefy either, I can't imagine those holding up more than a couple stories, let alone 5 or 6 floors filled with parked cars and the associated peak loading from them driving around inside.

Edit:

I'm going to go ahead and say they definitely changed at least something about the design. The images from the first page don't show that double high floor above the garage at all:

This image also shows units along the East face of the tower next to the garage which clearly isn't happening at this point as the garage ramps in the tower definitely would make it impossible to squeeze units in there.