View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 15, 2011, 4:01 AM

I rolled in late tonight and saw that as the Top Story on /A\ News manny, the great chicken debate continuing. It's not that there's no real news in London, I just think /A\ News in general is a piss poor excuse of a program.

Half /A\ News stories are fluff pieces, talking about great chicken debates, rescued cats from trees, and what uncle buck in Wingham thinks about windmills ruining his hairdo. They fill in their news with the Health & Home segment, which outta be renamed the geezer segment. Then they get to real news thereafter, Air Canada & CP strikes, Lybia etc. If it wasn't for the weather, which is wrong a great deal of the time, I wouldn't watch /A\ News at all. Luckily I have a PVR so 60 minutes of fluff is compressed into 10 minutes of useful info.

There's tons of news for /A\ News to report, they just have a real mellow, laid back, blue collar, senior feel to it. They could easily do investigative journalism in LRT, Road conditions, City Hall, exposés in shady people/business. But /A\ News never likes to rock the boat or really inform the public, they just put some shit together by 6:00 pm that will fill an hour and get their pay cheques.

Anyways enough of that rant, hopefully important issues like LRT and such are brought to the public's attention.