View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 23, 2011, 1:18 AM

Location: The absolute western-most point of the Philadelphia urbanized area. :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by glowrock View Post
I tend to agree. What a load of crap.

Aaron (Glowrock)
How about that parcel with a steel frame structure worth less than that same parcel with a wooden/masonry structure. What the hell?!!!

Parcel with steel-frame structure = $900k
Parcel with wood-frame/masonry structure = $2.6 million... (masonry, ok. wood-frame, no effing way!)

that aforementioned building is probably the worst possible use for that land! They'd be better off keeping it as a parking lot if that's all they're going to do with it! the Kaufmanns warehouse store (now occupied by the north-end goal post in Heinz Field) was a better use for that land than this proposal!

Whatever genius(es) is(are) responsible, do the city a favor and stay the hell out of city planning and land development. It's clearly not your strong suit...

And you know... I really don't understand why they're saying office space would be hard to finance. Class A office space in Pittsburgh is in high demand. Residential use I guess is risky in just about any market.

What is the zoning for that parcel? I know that Pittsburgh is working on their comprehensive plan as we speak. I'm curious as to what they want to have in place between now and 2040 regarding the North Shore. I'm not sure what the approved land use is/would be, but if it were up to me, at the very minimum I'd have it rezoned as moderate-density commercial or residential use, or some other conditional use that would involve a combination of the two uses (i.e. commercial use with xx percent of residential/retail use, etc. in a way that would help Pittsburgh meet its objective for the North Shore, which I imagine would call for something a little more substantial than an insignificant 2-story development). So in that respect, this proposal involving a short commercial/retail use structure would NOT be in the city's best interest, and would therefore be denied/rejected and sent by to the drawing board for revision by yours truely...

Last edited by Jonboy1983; Dec 23, 2011 at 1:40 AM. Reason: added commentary