View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 29, 2007, 5:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red UM Rebel View Post
You would be hard pressed to have me believe that Memphis's downtown is even close to better than Atlanta's, definately with all the revitalization going on in Atlanta. Atlanta's has better shopping, entertainment, the largest aquarium in the world (i believe), a new coke museum and has hosted the olymipics. Metro Atlanta is like 8,000 square miles and contains five million, but really there is just not many places to live in Atlanta proper. I was just saying the difference is shocking
Living in downtown ATL for 6 years now 5 blocks from Turner Field, I'd argue there are GREAT places to live intown. Why do you think the city proper has added over 80,000 people in the past 6 years alone with only Ft. Worth outgrowing Atlanta in the top 50 cities percentage wise. Memphis is a beautiful city but Red UM is right....Atlanta offers far more IMO not to stir anyone's pot though.

The population of intown Atlanta is growing amazingly fast and for the first time since the 1970's the number of housing permits within the city of Atlanta exceeded every other county out of the 28 that make up Atlanta over the past 2 years. Hell the city alone added over 16,000 people in the past year accelerating faster than since the trend began in 2000 with no signs of a slowdown right now in this trend toward intown living.

The next time you are contemplating what the hell went wrong in your life, look in a mirror!

Last edited by Atlriser; Jun 29, 2007 at 5:04 PM. Reason: edit