View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 13, 2019, 7:11 PM

Hawks likely couldn't get anything for Lin at the deadline without taking on another team's bad contract. They want cap space for some big upcoming free agent classes so they bought him out and the Raps get to sign him without giving up anything.

I think it's great to have another playmaking guard coming off the bench with Wright now gone. FVV has been terribly inconsistent in that regard this year. He seems incapable of making a pass without dribbling the ball for 12 seconds first, not to mention he's injured for at least 3 weeks.

Problem is Lin doesn't solve our problem of inconsistent 3-point shooting which I think will ultimately sink us against the Bucks in a potential ECF matchup. Raps have struggled in multiple games this year where everyone (outside of Danny Green whose been amazing) simultaneously goes cold from the 3-point line for extended periods of time. Can't afford to hit a cold streak like that in the playoffs. Milwaukee and Philadelphia both bolstered their spot up 3-point shooting ability at the deadline and I fear that might be the difference maker in a league where playoff success has become so reliant on having multiple deep threats.