View Single Post
Old Posted May 21, 2016, 2:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kisai View Post
There are vending machines at Royal Oak station. They're Pepsi machines IIRC, and are inside the fare paid area. But it's also immediately across from a corner-grocery store.

What would make sense, system-wide is to have both a washroom and vending machines at the "bus loop" area of the station. The train platform levels should only have cans (eg soda, coffee, energy drinks) that have the recycling bin immediately beside it to avoid people tossing the cans into the track.

And ultimately that's the problem with selling anything inside the fare-paid area. The garbage and lack of toilet facilities.

There's been... at least two times where I've been on a long Skytrain/Bus trip and there are NO places to go to the bathroom, anywhere. I ultimately had to run to the car dealership because the mini-mart at the Braid Skytrain station and the mini-mart at the bus stop I got off at wouldn't let me use theirs.
In places like Berlin it is quite common to come across high tech electronic pay washrooms that wash themselves down between use.