View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 23, 2007, 6:31 AM
so what's the big deal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucks native View Post
I'm finding that prices are about the same unless one wants to live in a bad, cheaper part of Scranton. But the deciding factor for me in choosing my apartment, which is in Scranton, is its location. I can walk to my office at Mercy Hospital, to shops downtown, Nay Aug Park, and explore the university's campus. Plus, it's an older classy building, built in 1929, with some great architectural features. There's a photo here http://www.managemententerprises.com/clay.htmlthat doesn't do it justice. Actually there are two L-shaped buildings set on a circular driveway.
I'm just starting to catch up on past posts...and felt I should reply to this one first, partly because I was showing a friend from Philadelphia around town this weekend and made it a point to pass this gem on Clay Avenue. I told him, "I want to get an apartment in this building someday." LOL!

The photo on that website really sells the buildings short. It is a fine looking complex.

Unfortunately, the photos I have also don't do the apartments justice. They show the rear of the buildings, but you can see more of the footprint of the apartments.

BucksNative, I am happy to hear you are trekking up the Northeast Extension. A warm welcome to Scranton to you. I'd be happy to show you around, being a "Native" myself of these parts for all my 30-something years.

Can't wait for the development of the medical college and its spillover effects in the community. Just what the doctor ordered! (I should have posted my Bad Pun Alert.)

Clay Avenue Apartments are the low red brick buildings on the left.

Best,
MetroJ