View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 28, 2018, 2:07 PM
I ♣ Baby Seals

FINAL-FUCKING-LY you can get authentic Bosnian food in St. John's, Bosniak family straight out of Sarajevo. I haven't had cevapi since I lived in Winnipeg.

It's just down the street from me, right next to the neighbourhood local (I went first thing this morning at 11 a.m. and there were already drunks from the bar waiting to order, ).

I got the Balkan burger, which is just pljeskavica packaged as a burger, and cevapi. It's way too much food but this is a craving I've been waiting since 2012 to satisfy.

Video Link

It's just off Merrymeeting on Cookstown Road.

He commented on my tattoo of our tricolour and said that's why he chose green and pink for Balkan Kitchen, but he didn't want to add the white because he didn't want it to be completely with our flag in case that turns some people away.

They had lots of pictures of Sarajevo, Mostar, Trebinje, etc. around the restaurant. I noticed that all of the ones of Sarajevo included at least one Roman Catholic church. Very cute. They're smart!

And then... voila... if you've never had it in your city, go get it now.

It's definitely a Bosnian restaurant, and/but in a small city like ours, you get the works of the Balkans coming together at any possible congregation point. LOVELY place and people.

Last edited by SignalHillHiker; Apr 28, 2018 at 4:14 PM.