View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 21, 2017, 9:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mville1 View Post
I really liked many of the elements of Harrisburg's recently released comprehensive plan. I think BRT is a good idea and I think it should be explored beyond the CBD, Midtown, Uptown, etc. Ideally, it would be great to use the Cumberland Valley Railroad Bridge and extend it into Lemoyne, Camp Hill and possibly to Mechanicsburg. I don't think there is enough regional political will to muster up another commuter or light rail proposal despite the worsening congestion and traffic around the entire region. Finally, it was nice to see some vision to better use the space around the transportation center. I hope the demand is there to make those renderings a reality, but I believe we might be decades away from that.
I agree from an economic development stand point, a BRT system is the #1 thing the region needs. HART (Harrisburg Area Regional Transit) is a fantastic element in the plan. I am actually starting a Greater Harrisburg Transit Advocacy Organization called Harrisburg 3.0.

https://www.facebook.com/Harrisburg-30-311484495998066/

Long term, creating a rail network would be a priority. But in the short term starting BRT pilots within the next 2 - 3 years is a top priority! Feel free to join on facebook!