View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 2, 2008, 6:00 PM
Wiki Ricki

Quote:
Originally Posted by omro View Post
No harm in trying the Spec. I've nothing against the paper, I read it while I was in Hamilton. I just don't like their web-site. It seems a little cluttered and full of colourful links to articles that are incredibly out of date. Can someone explain to me why they have a "local" news section that rarely seems to have Hamilton news in? Unless that's provincial news.

I like RTH because the site has a clean uncluttered look and the blogs are easy to get at and I enjoy reading the comments, even the more inflamatory ones Does RTH come out in print form?
Welcome to Hamilton omro,

The Hamilton Spectator is a great newspaper and in my humble opinion the best in Canada but just like you I am not a huge fan of the online version especially because of some of the phoney polls they have there where it's easy for any one person to alter the results of just so that they can help sway public opinion on whatever subject matter they are asking you to vote on.

Hamilton is not as open or "gay friendly" as Toronto but if I were in your shoes looking to move here into town I would pick the West-end around Locke Street South as that is the area I grew up in and whenever I take a walk around the area you will find quite a few rainbow coloured flags there.

Don't forget to check out our 80+ waterfalls.