View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 16, 2011, 5:43 AM
Torontonian Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by MolsonExport View Post
Except for the MacBooks, Fourbucks, and Fair Trade, you could be describing the youth of my days (80s/90s), and probably, most other ages of recent history. Classic generation gap.
Do people maybe just become more conservative as the grow older? You say youth in "your day" behaved much the same way, but I don't see too many self-entitled washouts in their 30s. Logic dictates that some of them would still be around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S-Man View Post
Good (but saddened) to see it's the same everywhere.
I wouln't say it's the same here, we just have a similar set of problems. Feel free to comment or revise, but I believe this sums up London's issues: we have a completely apathetic productive class (includes white-collar and blue-collar people who actually do something valuable for a living) and then a relatively small but extremely vocal and counter-productive lower class, whose biggest concern is that a $45 property tax hike will compromise their ability to get a couple of 2-4's on Canada Day. They do all the bitching and whining. Since the productive class just wants their schools and roads at a reasonable price, they could care less and city council ends up scuttling a lot of worthwhile proposals.

Last edited by Wharn; Oct 16, 2011 at 6:02 AM.