View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 14, 2019, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EspionNoir View Post
I've been interested in this thing for quite a while. To me, it makes much sense New York got it

I was reading through the previous comments about cities like Calgary, Winnipeg and Halifax proposing. It caught my eye that some people said its embarrasing.

I don't think it's embarrasing. It may sounds unfriendly, but I want to say to regard those cities as embarrassing and desperate sounds like to consider them as inferior.

There's nothing wrong to let Amazon know what a city can offer. Just 2 years ago, Amazon purchased several influential tech companies in Winnipeg, it's this year that this thing went under the radar.

I believe Amazon is smart and good at strategy, thus it would not see this selection only as a selection process.
It was a good exercise for Calgary and probably a lot of other cities. We found out what our strengths and weaknesses are in the eyes of a huge tech company. Hopefully now we'll start dealing the weaknesses to make us more attractive to tech companies and possibly other types of companies.