View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 15, 2014, 2:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treesplease View Post
I was also in Saskatoon recently and took South Circle a couple times - once was actually on purpose. I was in Stonebridge and got back on circle south via Clarence and had no intention of going over the new bridge and way around the west side but that's were I went - can't get to Idylwyld north from the Clarence interchange - now I know. The new south route is really nice and I can see the frustration with the at grade crossings for Clancy and Laurier but it is easy to see that they won't be around for long (maybe). One thing I found odd was the underpasses under the rail crossings at 11th - they are two lanes wide with a two lane road underneath. I would have thought a little forward planning might have made the openings at least wide enough to accommodate a 3 lane road in the future but nope - two lanes is all it will ever be. How much traffic will valley road ever feed onto the third lane of the bridge? Maybe if it someday becomes the effective bypass for Highway 7?
You can go Northbound Idylwyld from Clarence, just stay in right lane and follow it around the back of the Circle Drive overpass.

Yes maybe 3-lanes under 11th would of been good but at least with 2 (each way) it should be good for many years (although I agree adding space for a 3rd would of been advantageous)

And yes one can only hope Laurier and Clancy will be closed sooner as oppose to later (or a proposal such as the one I drew above) is done.

And yes I think the Valley Road interchange could easily be a terminus of the Saskatoon Truck limited access Bypass in the future (if done correctly) That would give trucks traveling on 16, 7, 14 a way south and around. Instead of a truck heading WB 16 to have to go all the way North and around it could just stay south of the city and get there quickly (saving time and money)