View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 18, 2012, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by logan5 View Post
Where is the big box located? There are supposed to be small retail along Broadway, according to the Rize open house boards, so I assume there is a large retail space along Kingsway?
With the grade change the small CRUs of retail would front onto Broadway while the large, full-floorplate CRU would enter from near the corner of Kingsway and 10th.

From what I recall, the developer has a MOU with a Capers/Choices-like co-operative which wishes to open a grocery store in the large retail space. Bear in mind that in the next 5 to 10 years Kingsgate Mall will likely be redeveloped and its pretty much inevitable that the redevelopment will include a grocery store, so in time there would be two across the street from one another. If the Cambie and Broadway area can support a Save on Foods on 7th, a Whole Foods on 8th, and a Safeway on 12th and Ash, and the No Frills on Broadway at Alberta, then I'm certain Mount Pleasant will be able to support two grocery stores across the street from one another and the Marketplace IGA further south on Main at 14th.