View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 13, 2013, 3:42 AM
National Capital Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exewau View Post
Bella's refused temporary access to a small strip of their parking lot to allow Theberge to finish off the brickwork on the west side of the Wellington. This led to extra costs and delays to the building exterior being completed.
How could that have lead to extra costs and delays? If Bella's had agreed, it might have resulted in savings in cost and time, but their refusal did not lead to extra costs and delays. I'm afraid you've got your zero point in the wrong place.

Developers can't go about assuming they'll be able to use neighbouring properties for access when they build things. Indeed, had the project that is the subject of this thread been built first, then the land access to speed up the brickwork on The Wellington wouldn't have even existed... nor of course will such access exist for the current project either given that The Wellington is already there.

Quote:
I'm all for this new development, though I still won't frequent Bella's in their new location.
Well you're hardly a disinterested observer, are you? You're annoyed at The Wellington taking longer to build, but the party to blame for that is not Bella's but the developers and builders of The Wellington.